- 2010 in review « April Streich on Did the patriarchy write this?
- 2010 in review « April Streich on Who comes up with this material?
- 2010 in review « April Streich on Gender and Genitals
- 2010 in review « April Streich on “Schrödinger’s Rapist”? That’s you!
- 2010 in review « April Streich on Trend Piece Tuesday: Men Are Scary
- 2010 in review « April Streich on We don’t need government to defend our morals
- 2010 in review « April Streich on “Girlfriend” is not synonymous with “permanent sex toy”
- ballgame on We don’t need no education
- Byron on We don’t need no education
- DaisyDeadhead on We don’t need no education
- I left my brand new, expensive, uninsured new Pixel on the counter of the local gas station. The cashier saved it for me. Omg thank you 1 week ago
- Why do you think some women don't want to call themselves a #feminist, or say they don't think #feminism is necessary? 1 week ago
- I miss this kitty. instagram.com/p/BS7Zfrijv6J/ 2 months ago
- I miss this kitty. instagram.com/p/BS7Y7MBjmiU/ 2 months ago
- That's an empty smoking patio right there. #saturdayatwork #work #fredericksburg instagram.com/p/BS6eZ6iD8-j/ 2 months ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Category Archives: Gender
This post is from Most Wine Is Good. I’ll answer the question first, and expound second. Yes. The world of wine is certainly an exemplary account of women breaking barriers and uniting for positive change. The examples are numerous, and … Continue reading
I’ll admit at first I had a pretty evil thought about this video but after letting that pass I concluded that there is some good stuff going on here and a lot that I agree with. Damn shame it doesn’t … Continue reading
A lot of words are collectively agreed to be off-limits to feminists, including “bitch,” “cunt,” “slut,” and a myriad of other words that are said to be female-specific with no male equivalent. If there is no male equivalent for an … Continue reading
Aside from the other critiques around the blogosphere today of Ross Douthat’s head-bangingly frustrating column, I also found some glaring inconsistencies, and rather problematic themes he’s got going on. I appreciated his arguably (and rather surprisingly) compassionate response to the … Continue reading
Since this is my first official post, I figured I may as well start off with an issue that people hold very strong opinions on: PORNOGRAPHY! As a feminist, I find the current state of mainstream (and most non-mainstream) pornography … Continue reading
I was talking with a co-worker this afternoon, and she mentioned how after so much time with her S.O. she was beginning to feel that “everything you do irritates me” feeling. I know this feeling. Fortunately, and thanks in no … Continue reading
It seems that men are more excited by the idea of an unplanned pregnancy than their girlfriends: I would venture to guess that if it were men who were biologically predisposed to do the fetus-gestating for 9 months and worry … Continue reading